Shah Rukh's decision to sack me shocking: Buchanan
Ex Kolkata Knight Riders' coach recalls his marching order.
Brisbane: Former Kolkata Knight Riders' coach John Buchanan on Wednesday said team owner Shah Rukh Khan's decision to sack him came as a "shock and a disappointment".
The Australian was sacked by the Knight Riders after the team finished at the bottom in this year's Indian Premier League (IPL) competition, losing 10 of 14 matches in South Africa.
Buchanan, a former Australia cricket coach, says his experience in India was disappointing.
"Ganguly was the icon player and the captain of the outfit and I told him I didn't believe he was up to the pace of the game. We got to the last over in nine games and lost them, getting to the last ball five times and losing," Buchanan was quoted as saying in the Courier Mail.
"We were trying to build something over five years but Shah Rukh Khan, the owner and King of Bollywood, had a change of direction and I was told I was no longer needed. That was a shock and a disappointment."
For now, Buchanan is working on his business as a corporate coach and looking out for sports-related opportunities.
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Digvijay Favours Dialogue With Pakistan, Insists Artists to Work in Cross Border Films
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- 2nd Test: West Indies Crumble After Misbah-ul-Haq's Near Miss
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid