Shahid: Azmi's mother helped Raj Kumar in getting the right look
'Shahid' depicts the real-life story of a human rights activist and lawyer Shahid Azmi.
Mumbai: Hansal Mehta shot his upcoming biopic 'Shahid' at Shahid Azmi's office and it was the slain lawyer's mother who helped Raj Kumar Yadav get the look right for the film.
Mehta said Shahid's mother got emotional to see Rajkumar dressed as a lawyer when she visited the sets during the shoot.
"The first shooting was at Shahid Azmi's office where Rajkumar was dressed in a lawyer's uniform. Azmi's mother came to visit us and she looked at Rajkumar and she kept looking at him. After some time, she said, the pen is missing and she
made him put a pen in his pocket," Mehta recalled.
And she looked at his hair, sort of approved the way he was looking. Rajkumar worked on how his hair was, their hair style was similar. He created similar physical characteristics," Mehta added.
'Shahid' depicts the real-life story of human rights activist and lawyer Shahid Azmi. Azmi, who represented 26/11 co-accused Faheem Ansari, was shot dead in his office on February 11, 2010.
'Shahid' will get a mainstream release by Disney-UTV on October 18.
Recommended For You
- Sheer Hardwork That Brought Dravid Close to Tendulkar, Says Laxman
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology