DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Shahid: Azmi's mother helped Raj Kumar in getting the right look
'Shahid' depicts the real-life story of a human rights activist and lawyer Shahid Azmi.
Mumbai: Hansal Mehta shot his upcoming biopic 'Shahid' at Shahid Azmi's office and it was the slain lawyer's mother who helped Raj Kumar Yadav get the look right for the film.
Mehta said Shahid's mother got emotional to see Rajkumar dressed as a lawyer when she visited the sets during the shoot.
"The first shooting was at Shahid Azmi's office where Rajkumar was dressed in a lawyer's uniform. Azmi's mother came to visit us and she looked at Rajkumar and she kept looking at him. After some time, she said, the pen is missing and she
made him put a pen in his pocket," Mehta recalled.
And she looked at his hair, sort of approved the way he was looking. Rajkumar worked on how his hair was, their hair style was similar. He created similar physical characteristics," Mehta added.
'Shahid' depicts the real-life story of human rights activist and lawyer Shahid Azmi. Azmi, who represented 26/11 co-accused Faheem Ansari, was shot dead in his office on February 11, 2010.
'Shahid' will get a mainstream release by Disney-UTV on October 18.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere