Shahid doesn't have time for me: Pankaj Kapur
Father of trained dancer Shahid Kapoor, Pankaj admits it was difficult for him to groove initially.
Mumbai: You'd hardly ever imagine Pankaj Kapoor dancing in Bollywood fashion, but for 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola', he has shaken a leg or two. The acclaimed actor credits director Vishal Bhardwaj for convincing him to dance.
Father of trained dancer Shahid Kapoor, Pankaj admits it was difficult to groove, but says his director's confidence in him made things easy.
"Shahid doesn't have time for me. Our choreographers and their assistants helped me a lot with lot of rehearsals. Earlier it was difficult, but I later started enjoying it. Shahid did say, 'Dad, just relax and have fun!' So that helped me to take it forward," Pankaj told IANS.
At 58, Pankaj says is a 'strain'.
"It's not the same with age. Things change and also practice matters. Had I done some dance movements in any of my films, then it would not have been difficult. So I basically had to do rehearsals.
"There was a lot of director's contribution as well. When you get confidence from your director, as an actor, it is all a matter of how your director says 'This is how much I can get out of you'," he added.
Pankaj, along with the entire star cast, including Imran Khan and Anushka Sharma, has grooved on the title track of 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola'.
The veteran actor believes the industry has fit him into a 'certain' kind of films, but says he is ready to do all roles that interest him.
"I am open to scripts. I am hoping that interesting subjects come my way. There is a perception that I do certain kind of films. That's not true. I am open to any good scripts with a good role," he said.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18