Shahid Kapoor begins shooting for 'Haider' in Kashmir
Shahid Kapoor began shooting for Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Haider' in the scenic Dal Lake in Kashmir.
Srinagar: Actor Shahid Kapoor began shooting for Vishal Bhardwaj's 'Haider' in the scenic Dal Lake here.
The 32-year-old actor, who is teaming up with Bhardwaj again after 'Kaminey', is starring opposite newbie actress Shraddha Kapoor in the film adaption of Shakespearean tragedy Hamlet.
A fairly large crowd had gathered near the shooting location as Shahid and Shraddha shot a few sequences for the movie inside the lake.
Over the past few years, Bollywood has returned to Kashmir as the situation started improving in the valley. Late filmmaker Yash Chopra shot large parts of his last movie 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan', starring Shah Rukh Khan and Katrina Kaif, here.
However, the portrayal of Kashmir and its people in some of the movies has left the locals including Chief Minister Omar Abdullah angry.
Omar expressed his resentment over Ranbir Kapoor-Deepika Padukone starrer 'Yeh Jawani Hai Dewani', which was partly shot in Kashmir, for presenting the locales of the valley as that of neighbouring Himachal Pradesh.
But Bhardwaj has assured Omar that 'Haider' is about the people of Kashmir. The director, referring to meeting with Omar, said he told the Chief Minister that "every character is Kashmiri in my film. It is the story of the people of Kashmir--both in period and present".
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt