DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
After Vengsarkar episode, it's now SRK vs BCCI
Shah Rukh Khan was last seen at a number of matches in recent times.
New Delhi: Shah Rukh Khan's presence at cricket matches involving the Indian Cricket team has triggered some controversy.
Some newspapers quoted an unnamed BCCI official saying that cricket was a bigger platform than a private television station and that the Bollywood superstar was using the sport to build brand value.
King Khan was was last seen at the Jaipur One-Dayer on Sunday and had also come to see the Twenty20 World Cup final as well as India's Twenty20 game versus Australia in Mumbai.
"What I read in the article today is using the platform of cricket in terms of the reach of this game for promoting one's movies or one's activities. I think that is probably a slightly debatable topic," said BCCI's Chief administrative Officer, Ratnakar Shetty.
To this, Shah Rukh Khan responded, "I am disappointed by the comment of my promoting film at cricket match. I watched the match for my son. I will only talk about my films. Next time I probably will not go for any match."
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong