Court to announce Ravi Shankaran's extradition verdict
Shankaran has been absconding since the case was registered by the CBI in March 2006.
Westminster: A Westminster court, on Wednesday, will announce its verdict on Ravi Shankaran's extradition in the Naval war leaks case. The 46-year-old former naval officer is accused of leaking classified information from the Indian war room to arms dealers.
If the judge rules in favour of extraditing Shankaran, the case will be sent to the UK home secretary Theresa May for a final decision. Shankaran has been absconding since the case was registered by the CBI in March 2006.
46-year-old Shankaran, a close relative of the then Naval Chief Admiral Arun Prakash, has faced an Interpol red corner notice since 2006 before he was arrested by the Metropolitan police in London.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right