Court to announce Ravi Shankaran's extradition verdict
Shankaran has been absconding since the case was registered by the CBI in March 2006.
Westminster: A Westminster court, on Wednesday, will announce its verdict on Ravi Shankaran's extradition in the Naval war leaks case. The 46-year-old former naval officer is accused of leaking classified information from the Indian war room to arms dealers.
If the judge rules in favour of extraditing Shankaran, the case will be sent to the UK home secretary Theresa May for a final decision. Shankaran has been absconding since the case was registered by the CBI in March 2006.
46-year-old Shankaran, a close relative of the then Naval Chief Admiral Arun Prakash, has faced an Interpol red corner notice since 2006 before he was arrested by the Metropolitan police in London.
- Nitish Kumar is CM Thanks to Lalu Prasad: Amar Singh
- 400 Bottles of Liquor Seized in Bihar
- We Did Discuss About Removing Dhoni From Captaincy: Sandeep Patil
- Bihar: At least 27 Dead After Bus Plunges Into Pond in Madhubani
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- UN Chief Ban Ki-Moon Lauds India's Decision to Ratify Paris Pact on Climate Change
- India, G4 Partners Reaffirm 'Unwavering Commitment' to UNSC Reforms
- North Korea Tells UN 'Going Nuclear' is Only Option