Shatrughan Sinha undergoes bypass surgery
Shatrughan Sinha made his Bollywood debut in 1969 with 'Sajan' and has acted in over 200 Hindi films.
Mumbai: Veteran actor and BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha underwent bypass surgery at a city hospital on Monday and will continue to stay there for a few days. The 66-year-old actor-turned-politician had been admitted to Kokilaben hospital in suburban Andheri on July 2 after he complained of breathlessness due to some paint work at his residence.
"He was admitted to hospital for severe breathlessness. During investigations blockages were discovered in the coronary arteries. Based on medical advice he underwent bypass surgery," Kokilaben hospital COO Dr Ram Narain told PTI.
The surgery was conducted Monday morning by cardiac surgeon Dr Anvay Mulay. "He is fine now and on the road to a speedy recovery. He has thanked all his well wishers for their unconditional love and support," Dr Narain said.
Following the surgery, Narain said Sinha will remain in hospital for a week.
Sinha made his Bollywood debut in 1969 with 'Sajan' and has acted in over 200 Hindi films, besides being a part of some Bengali and Punjabi movies.
Known for his powerful dialogues, some of his famous Hindi films include 'Kalicharan', 'Vishwanath', 'Blackmail', 'Dostana', 'Shaan' and 'Kala Patthar'.
Later, he ventured into politics and is currently BJP's Lok Sabha member from Patna Sahib in Bihar.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan