Sheila Dikshit meets Shinde over Karbala violence
In January 2012, a violent clash had erupted between police and locals who allegedly tried to pull down a gate leading to Karbala.
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde over the possibility of withdrawing the FIR against those booked for allegedly resorting to a violent protest at in January 2012.
"We met Shinde over the Karbala issue today (Monday). The FIR (First Information Report) filed against people who indulged in violence was discussed," Dikshit told IANS.
In January 2012, a violent clash had erupted between police and locals who allegedly tried to pull down a gate leading to Karbala, the Shiite burial ground in BK Dutt Colony in south Delhi's Jor Bagh area. Seventeen security personnel and 50 locals were injured in the clash.
"Lieutenant Governor Tejinder Khanna and the chief secretary have been directed to look into the matter," Dikshit told IANS.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models