Sheila Dikshit releases helpline numbers booklet for women
The booklet has been brought out by National Commission for Women (NCW) to make the fairer sex aware of the various helplines as well as safety measures available to them.
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday released a booklet featuring various helpline numbers and safety precautions needed to be taken by women in distress. The booklet has been brought out by National Commission for Women (NCW) to make the fairer sex aware of the various helplines as well as safety measures available to them.
Dikshit released the booklet in presence of NCW chairperson Mamta Sharma. "The booklet is being brought out as part of the efforts to help the women in distress," Dikshit said.
Sharma said it will be distributed among women in the city. Officials said Dikshit and Sharma also discussed the ways to improve safety measures for women in the wake of the December 16 gangrape incident.
- Cauvery Row: Ex-PM Deve Gowda Sits on Dharna Against 'Injustice'
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Rishi, Neetu and Riddhima Post Messages For Ranbir Kapoor On His Birthday
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life