Pak minister Sherry Rehman resigns: reports
Sources say that Prime Minister Gilani is yet to accept Rehman's resignation.
Islamabad: Pakistan Information Minister Sherry Rehman on Saturday resigned from her post but Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has not accepted her resignation, media reports said.
Rehman, close-aide of slain former premier Benazir Bhutto, submitted her resignation due to differences over the government's handling of the media, official sources were quoted as saying by television channels.
The sources said Premier Gilani has not yet accepted Rehman's resignation.
The development came hours after Geo News, Pakistan's leading Urdu news channel, claimed it was removed from cable networks across the country.
The channel said, this was done on President Asif Ali Zardari's orders but officials dismissed this claim.
Meanwhile, according to reports, Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has revoked the Governor's rule in Punjab but he is still reluctant to reinstate sacked Pakistani Chief Justice Ifthikhar Choudhary.
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare