DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pak minister Sherry Rehman resigns: reports
Sources say that Prime Minister Gilani is yet to accept Rehman's resignation.
Islamabad: Pakistan Information Minister Sherry Rehman on Saturday resigned from her post but Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has not accepted her resignation, media reports said.
Rehman, close-aide of slain former premier Benazir Bhutto, submitted her resignation due to differences over the government's handling of the media, official sources were quoted as saying by television channels.
The sources said Premier Gilani has not yet accepted Rehman's resignation.
The development came hours after Geo News, Pakistan's leading Urdu news channel, claimed it was removed from cable networks across the country.
The channel said, this was done on President Asif Ali Zardari's orders but officials dismissed this claim.
Meanwhile, according to reports, Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has revoked the Governor's rule in Punjab but he is still reluctant to reinstate sacked Pakistani Chief Justice Ifthikhar Choudhary.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan