Pak minister Sherry Rehman resigns: reports
Sources say that Prime Minister Gilani is yet to accept Rehman's resignation.
Islamabad: Pakistan Information Minister Sherry Rehman on Saturday resigned from her post but Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has not accepted her resignation, media reports said.
Rehman, close-aide of slain former premier Benazir Bhutto, submitted her resignation due to differences over the government's handling of the media, official sources were quoted as saying by television channels.
The sources said Premier Gilani has not yet accepted Rehman's resignation.
The development came hours after Geo News, Pakistan's leading Urdu news channel, claimed it was removed from cable networks across the country.
The channel said, this was done on President Asif Ali Zardari's orders but officials dismissed this claim.
Meanwhile, according to reports, Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has revoked the Governor's rule in Punjab but he is still reluctant to reinstate sacked Pakistani Chief Justice Ifthikhar Choudhary.
Recommended For You
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology