Shirdi Sai Baba temple gets 36 kg gold in 2011
The famous Shirdi Sai Baba shrine has received 20 per cent higher donation in 2011 compared to the year 2010.
Shirdi: The famous Shirdi Sai Baba shrine in Maharashtra's Ahmednagar district has received 36 kg of gold and Rs 401 crore in cash towards donations in year 2011, a top official said on Wednesday. The offerings are at least 20 per cent higher compared to year 2010, he said.
"The Trust received 36 kg of gold which is almost fifteen percent more than 31 kg it had received in 2010.
Similarly, 440 kg of silver was offered to the shrine in the year gone by compared to 320 kg of silver in 2010," Shirdi Sai Baba Trust Executive Officer Kishore More said.
Even the cash registers of the shrine, which is termed as the second richest in terms of income, are ringing with receipt of Rs 401 crore towards donation in year 2011, which is 20 percent more compared to Rs 322 crore it had received in 2010, he said.
Even the donations in terms of foreign currency have also risen to Rs 6.28 crore as against Rs 5.43 crore in 2010, More added.
Recommended For You
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly