Shiv Kapur shifts focus to the European Challenge Tour
Shiv Kapur, who has had mixed results this season on the main European Tour, has decided to focus on the European Challenge Tour for the next few months this year.
Brussels: Shiv Kapur, who has had mixed results this season on the main European Tour, has decided to focus on the European Challenge Tour for the next few months this year.
After winning the season-opening Gujarat Kensville Challenge, Kapur will now figure in the Telenet Trophy at Royal Waterloo Golf Club, near Brussels.
At the Gujarat Kensville Challenge, his only Challenge Tour start thi season, he finished two shots clear of Scotsman Andrew McArthur to clinch the first European title of his career. But in the European Tour events he had mixed results, finishing tied 22nd at Malaysian Open and Tied 31st at Ballantines, but missed the cut at Avantha Masters and Madeira Open.
Kapur may not be able to get a start in some of the bigger European Tour events over the next few weeks and hence the decision to have a go at the Challenge Tour, where the 31 year old currently lies sixth in the Challenge Tour Rankings. After having been a member of The European Tour for seven consecutive years before losing his playing rights for the 2013 season, he is now keen on giving himself an opportunity to bounce back.
"I guess Ahmedabad made me think about what I really want to do right now. To be honest, I wasn't planning to play on the Challenge Tour before then but then I got the win and I put myself in a good position," he said.
"I reassessed my goals after that win. It was obviously a really satisfying win and it really put me on the right path early in the season. I have made up my mind that I am going to give the Challenge Tour priority and see how it goes over the next few months. I couldn't have asked for more, winning in my first event. I am obviously trying to get my card back on The European Tour and I started in the right direction and now I need to put the pedal to the metal," Kapur added.
- 'Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields'
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- New Trump Accuser Said He Groped Her at 1998 Tennis Event