MP: Mob torches vehicles after murder of kidnapped boy
Utsav Goyal was kidnapped by unidentified persons on March 2, when he was on his way to a tuition class.
Shivpuri: Tension gripped Shivpuri town on Monday as police fired in air to disperse a mob that went berserk after word spread about the body of an abducted boy lying in nearby Amola forest, police said. Utsav Goyal, a class VI student of a local school, was allegedly kidnapped by unidentified persons on March 2 from Vivekanad Colony when he was on his way to a tuition class, official sources said.
The abductors later demanded a ransom of Rs five lakh from the boy's father who is a property dealer. As the news spread in the evening that Utsav was murdered by his captors and his body was lying in Amola forest, an agitated mob vandalised Kotwali police station, torched several deserted vehicles, including a police van, parked on the police station campus.
Three ATMs were also damaged by the mob, they said. The sources said police fired two rounds in air, and added that there are no reports of injuries and the situation is tense but under control.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Samajwadi Party Expels MLC Udayveer Singh, Mulayam Upset With Akhilesh
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18