MP: Mob torches vehicles after murder of kidnapped boy
Utsav Goyal was kidnapped by unidentified persons on March 2, when he was on his way to a tuition class.
Shivpuri: Tension gripped Shivpuri town on Monday as police fired in air to disperse a mob that went berserk after word spread about the body of an abducted boy lying in nearby Amola forest, police said. Utsav Goyal, a class VI student of a local school, was allegedly kidnapped by unidentified persons on March 2 from Vivekanad Colony when he was on his way to a tuition class, official sources said.
The abductors later demanded a ransom of Rs five lakh from the boy's father who is a property dealer. As the news spread in the evening that Utsav was murdered by his captors and his body was lying in Amola forest, an agitated mob vandalised Kotwali police station, torched several deserted vehicles, including a police van, parked on the police station campus.
Three ATMs were also damaged by the mob, they said. The sources said police fired two rounds in air, and added that there are no reports of injuries and the situation is tense but under control.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief