Shootout At Wadala: Bipasha Basu to do a 'Mujra'
Apparently, the director Sanjay Gupta has requested various composers to create a traditional song for his film.
Mumbai: Director Sanjay Gupta is at the end of his tether. Barely weeks before the shooting of a mujra sequence with Bipasha Basu for his under-production film Shootout At Wadala, there is no song for the situation. Apparently, the director has requested various composers to create a traditional mujra in a language that will appeal to today's youngsters. But the tune is yet to be delivered.
Says a source close to the project, "Gupta may have to postpone the shooting of the mujra until the song for the situation is composed. There's a suggestion from Gupta's team that he opt for a modern disco mujra-like Kajra re in Bunty Aur Babli. But Gupta is adamant. He wants an unadulterated mujra, like Lataji's Inhi logon ne le from Pakeezah or Ashaji's Dil cheez kya hai in Umrao Jaan."
Composer Anand Raj Anand has agreed to come up with the needful. But the tall order remains unfulfilled as yet. Sanjay Gupta who's shooting in a dusty town called Belapur outside Mumbai, says, "It's true, I am stuck for a mujra. No composer today seems to get the point. I've given them Khayyam's soundtrack from Bazar, Ghulam Mohamed's Pakeezah and Khayyam's Umrao Jaan as reference points. But so far we've not come up with a mujra both my co-oroducer Ekta Kapoor and I like."
A part of the problem is the disintegration of the genre. Explains Gupta, "Today's generation has no connect with mujras. How do we give it to them in a sound that is pure and yet palatable?" If all fails Gupta may do a re-mix of an evergreen mujra, probably Kalyanji-Anandji's Salaam-e-Ishq in Muqaddar Ka Sikandar or RD Burman's Main tawaif hoon mujra karungi in Mehbooba.
Bipasha, meanwhile is getting impatient regarding her mujra moves. Choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant has already started briefing the actress on the nuances, the adaas, the hand and foot gestures required for a mujra. Says Gupta, "The closest Bipasha has come to a mujra was Beedi jalaile in Omkara. But that's not what I want from her."
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief