'Shootout At Wadala' is controversial: Sanjay Gupta
'Shootout At Wadala' is based on gangster Manya Surve.
Mumbai: Director Sanjay Gupta, whose upcoming film 'Shootout At Wadala' is based on gangster Manya Surve and other real life characters, says the movie touches upon controversial issues, but he is ready to face any kind of opposition for it.
"Today it has become a trend that when a film based on real characters is released, 10 to 15 of the character's relatives will object (to it)and go to court. But we are prepared for that," Gupta said here at the first look launch of the film.
Gupta further stated that during the research, the team got different accounts of the shootout from different people and settled for what they found appropriate.
"So much in the film is controversial. While we were doing research, we met many people who said different things about the character (Manya Surve). We came across so many things and we even asked the police and even looked for police records," Gupta said.
"Out of the whole research, we took the part that we found appropriate and we made a story out of that and (based) the characterisation of Manya Surve," he added.
Manya Surve was a gangster, who was shot dead by Mumbai police in 1982.
'Shootout At Wadala' features actors John Abraham, Anil Kapoor, Kangna Ranaut, Tusshar Kapoor and Sonu Sood. The film is slated to release May 1.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte