Shootout Between Criminals and Delhi Police Near Nehru Place Metro Station
A wanted criminal was apprehended by the police after an encounter near Nehru Place metro station here on Monday.
(Image for representational purpose only. Reuters photo)
New Delhi: A wanted criminal was apprehended by the police after an encounter near Nehru Place metro station here on Monday.
Akbar was arrested after fire fight between him along with an accomplice with a police team.
He was carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his head for an arrest.
Over 13 rounds of bullets have been said to have been exchanged between the police and Akbar.
Delhi: After shootout near Nehru Place Metro Station, Police nabbed criminal Akbar, carrying a reward of Rs25k on his head.His aide escaped. pic.twitter.com/ZVyxhFOBwO
— ANI (@ANI_news) February 6, 2017
Sources said Akbar’s accomplice managed to flee after the gun fight.
Two Delhi Police personnel were injured in the shootout with a gang of alleged criminals, that led to the arrest of the wanted gangsters who carried a reward of Rs 25,000.
A police spokesperson said that a police team tried to stop the criminals, whose exact number was not known, near Eros Hotel in south Delhi's Nehru Place when one of them opened fire, injuring two cops.
(With inputs from IANS)
Recommended For You
- Rashid Khan Becomes Top-ranked ODI Bowler, Youngest Ever to Do So
- Reliance Jio Ranked 17th Among World's 50 Most Innovative Companies
- Virat Kohli on the Verge of Breaking Bradman & Richards' Record
- Soorma: Sandeep Singh On Training Diljit Dosanjh & The Message He Wants To Convey Through His Biopic
- Hyderabad Police Issue Notice to Oru Adaar Love Director for Hurting Sentiments