Show respect and regard towards artists: Amitabh
Amitabh Bachchan says it upsets him when he sees people disrespect talent, especially at cultural performances.
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan says it upsets him when he sees people disrespect talent, especially at cultural performances.
"I see many a moment when the professionals play at gatherings. They come to exhibit their artistry, not to be a replacement for piped music at a lavish wedding or a party. It is most disrespectful when I see that happening. I cringe," Amitabh wrote on his blog.
"I almost feel like reprimanding the guests, but do not. I would rather wish that the artists wind up their instruments and leave. Years and years of 'tapasya' for this? No that does not impress me," he added.
The 69-year-old has urged the public to show "respect and regard" towards artists.
"Allow them to sink into their gift and give an opportunity to be a part of that emotion. It has been the most sight for me when I observe the look on the face of these artists, who despite the disinterest shown by the invitees continue to perform, almost in compulsion," he said.
"They look for appreciation, search for that one individual that shall show admiration of their craft... but alas... it never comes... circumstances lead them to continue... others with greater self respect and dignity, stop, announce their intent and either get the interest or leave. I would applaud such an occurrence," he said.
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom