Shraddha reminds me of Waheeda, Madhubala: Shakti Kapoor
Sharddha hit the bull's eye with 'Aashiqui 2' and Shakti Kapoor says he is proud of her.
Mumbai: Actor Shakti Kapoor appreciates his daughter Shraddha Kapoor's talent saying she reminds him of legendary actress Waheeda Rehman and Madhubala. He also confesses that she is so intelligent that he ends up taking advise from her.
"I don't interfere in anybody's life and never at the script level," said Shakti, who is married to Shivangi, Padmini Kolhapure's elder sister. They have two children - Shraddha and Siddhant, who was seen in 'Shootout At Wadala'.
"If she needs my advice, she is welcome. But she is a very intelligent girl, she studied at the Boston University. On the contrary, if I am in some problem, I take her advice," the 54-year-old said here Tuesday on the sets of his film 'Ishk Ka Manjan'.
"Today's youth know more than we know and I can only give her my experience," he added.
Sharddha hit the bull's eye with 'Aashiqui 2' and Shakti says he is proud of her.
"I am happy that her film has done well and as a father I am very proud to see a very good actor. I am not saying this because she is my daughter but actually she is a very good actor. She reminds me of natural acting what Madhubalaji or Meena Kumariji used to do," Shakti said.
"She reminds me of Waheedaji, of those era actors who were not just beautiful, but their acting also was very natural. There was no artificiality. She reminds me even of Madhuri Dixit, the innocent Padmini Kolhapure of 'Prem Rog'. I wish her all the best," he added.
'Aashiqui 2' was Shraddha's first hit after damp squibs 'Teen Patti' and 'Luv Ka The End'. She is currently shooting for Punit Malhotra's 'Gori Tere Pyaar Mein'.
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole
- Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg Feeling the Pressure, Says Toto Wolff