DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CWG scam: Shunglu Committee blames Kalmadi
The Shunglu Committee says delay in purchase of equipments led to a huge loss of the exchequer.
New Delhi: The VK Shunglu Committee report inquiring into the Commonwealth Games corruption cases has blamed sacked Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi for causing intentional delays in purchase of equipments. According to the Shunglu Committee the delay led to a huge loss of the exchequer.
The report has slammed Kalmadi, key Organising Committee officials and bureaucrats for failing to respond in time.
In fact, it has also questioned the reasons behind the cancellation of the Commonwealth Games' catering contract by Kalmadi.
Kalmadi had delayed in approving the contract when he refused to award the catering bid to Delaware North. He had ordered re-tendering a month after being asked to give permission, the delay causing an escalation of over Rs 20 crore in the Organising Committee's budget.
The Central Bureau of Investigation and the Comptroller and Auditor General are now investigating the cost and reasons for the delay.
Recommended For You
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham