Shuttler Anand reaches main draw of Denmark Open
He will meet fifth seeded Japanese Sho Sasaki in the main draw on Wednesday.
Odense: Indian shuttler Anand Pawar notched up straight-game victories in the men's singles qualifying matches and cruised to the main draw of the Denmark Super Series here on Tuesday.
World number 51 Anand thrashed Russian Ivan Sozonov 21-7, 21-7 in his first match and then tamed Thailand's Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk 21-19, 21-16 to set up a clash with fifth seeded Japanese Sho Sasaki in the main draw on Wednesday.
London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal, along with other Indians Sourabh Verma and Ajay Jayaram, will also start their campaign on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Team India Report Card: First Test Against Australia in Pune