Shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa starts well in Germany
Ashwini Ponnappa got off to a winning start when she won both her women's and mixed doubles first round matches at the German Open.
Mulheim: Indian shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa got off to a winning start on Wednesday when she won both her women's and mixed doubles first round matches at the German Open Grand Prix Gold here.
Partnering Maharashtra's Pradnya Gadre, the Bangalore girl overcame Dutch pairing of Samantha Barning and Eefje Muskens 22-20, 21-11 in 26 minutes at the RWE Sporthalle.
In the mixed doubles, Ashwini with Kerala shuttler Tarun Kona upset Indonesian fifth seeds Riky Widianto and Puspita Richi Dili in three games. The Indians won 23-25, 21-16, 21-17 in 53 minutes to set up a second round clash against experienced English pair of Chris Adcock and Gabrielle White.
- Karan Johar, Badshah to Team Up For a TV Show
- 10,500 People Displaced Due to Mosul Operation: UN
- ISIS Driving Hundreds into Mosul, Using Them as Human Shields
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Tata Stocks Plunge on Concerns Over Cyrus Mistry Letter
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'