Shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa starts well in Germany
Ashwini Ponnappa got off to a winning start when she won both her women's and mixed doubles first round matches at the German Open.
Mulheim: Indian shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa got off to a winning start on Wednesday when she won both her women's and mixed doubles first round matches at the German Open Grand Prix Gold here.
Partnering Maharashtra's Pradnya Gadre, the Bangalore girl overcame Dutch pairing of Samantha Barning and Eefje Muskens 22-20, 21-11 in 26 minutes at the RWE Sporthalle.
In the mixed doubles, Ashwini with Kerala shuttler Tarun Kona upset Indonesian fifth seeds Riky Widianto and Puspita Richi Dili in three games. The Indians won 23-25, 21-16, 21-17 in 53 minutes to set up a second round clash against experienced English pair of Chris Adcock and Gabrielle White.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Veteran Pitch Curator Daljit Singh Under Scanner After Second ICC Poor Rating
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar