DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa starts well in Germany
Ashwini Ponnappa got off to a winning start when she won both her women's and mixed doubles first round matches at the German Open.
Mulheim: Indian shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa got off to a winning start on Wednesday when she won both her women's and mixed doubles first round matches at the German Open Grand Prix Gold here.
Partnering Maharashtra's Pradnya Gadre, the Bangalore girl overcame Dutch pairing of Samantha Barning and Eefje Muskens 22-20, 21-11 in 26 minutes at the RWE Sporthalle.
In the mixed doubles, Ashwini with Kerala shuttler Tarun Kona upset Indonesian fifth seeds Riky Widianto and Puspita Richi Dili in three games. The Indians won 23-25, 21-16, 21-17 in 53 minutes to set up a second round clash against experienced English pair of Chris Adcock and Gabrielle White.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup