Shuttler Kashyap attains career best 6th ranking
Kashyap scaled his career-best singles ranking a day after losing his first-round match against Taufik Hidayat
New Delhi: His first-round ouster from the India Open singles event notwithstanding, London Olympics quarter-finalist Parupalli Kashyap moved up a place to career-best sixth in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings on Thursday.
Kashyap scaled his career-best singles ranking a day after losing his first-round match at the India Open Super Series to former world number 1 Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.
Seventeen-year-old P V Sindhu also reached her career-best ranking of number 15 in the women's singles while Saina Nehwal retained the number two spot.
R M V Gurusaidutt and Sourabh Verma also headed north in the table, jumping two places each to be ranked at 33 and 36, respectively.
The highest ranked Indian male shuttler after Kashyap is Ajay Jayaram, who retained his 30th position.
All the top shuttlers of the country are presently competing in the tournament, held at the Siri Fort Sports Complex in New Delhi.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics