Shuttler Kashyap enters pre-quarters
21st ranked Kashyap outplayed Vietnam's Tien Minh Nguyen beating him 21-9 21-14.
London: Parupalli Kashyap scored a dominating straight games win over Vietnam's Tien Minh Nguyen to progress to the pre-quarterfinals of the men's singles event of the badminton competition at the London Olympics, here today.
21st ranked Kashyap outplayed his rival, ranked 11 places above him, 21-9 21-14 in the second and final Group D match.
Kashyap topped Group D to make the knockout stage, having beaten Tan Yuhan of Belgium in an earlier Group match.
The Indian played aggressively right from the word go and never let his rival settle.
Kashyap set up points beautifully by opening the court and executed the winners with ease.
In all the Indian took 35 minutes to down his opponent and move to the next stage.
The match featured long rallies with both the players playing some fierce flat shots but it was the Indian who scored points consistently.
Minh tried to claw his way back in the second game but Kasyhap never let the momentum slip and clinched the issue with a cross-court smash to the left of his rival.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Big Player Battles to Watch Out for
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly