Shuttlers Sourabh, Arvind progress in New Zealand Open
Sourabh Verma and Arvind Bhat entered the second round of the men's singles event at the New Zealand Open with contrasting wins over their respective rivals in Auckland.
New Delhi: Indian shuttlers Sourabh Verma and Arvind Bhat entered the second round of the men's singles event at the SkyCity New Zealand Open with contrasting wins over their respective rivals in Auckland on Tuesday.
While second seeded Sourabh got the better of local lad James Eunson in straight games, fifth seed Arvind had to dug deep to beat Malaysia's Zhen Ting Lim.
Sourabh defeated Eunson 21-16, 21-14 in 30 minutes, while Arvind, the German Open champion took 33 minutes to prevail over Lim 21-9, 14-21, 21-7 at the North Shore Events Centre.
Sourabh will next face another local lad Dylan Henton in the next round of the $50,000 event, while Arvind will be up against Chinese Taipei's Hsu Jui Ting.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement