Sibal to meet deemed universities' representatives
Kapil Sibal will meet the officials of 130 universities to get them on board for his one nation, one test plan.
New Delhi: After facing opposition from the IITs, HRD Minister Kapil Sibal is trying to seek support from deemed universities on his controversial common entrance test. Sibal will meet the representatives of 130 universities on Monday to get them on board for his one nation, one test plan.
Earlier, the IIT directors on Saturday discussed a compromise formula which includes a proposal to take top 20-30 students based on percentile ranking of respective boards for preparing the merit list.
Indications are that the percentile criterion replacing the proposed format of giving weightage to board results were deliberated at the Joint Admission Board meeting, comprising IIT directors, as an alternative, possibly drawing a near unanimity.
The proposal is believed to have been mooted by the HRD Ministry and floated among the directors to end the impasse.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner