Siddharth sheds boy-next-door image in 'Jigarthanda'
Siddharth says forthcoming Tamil gangster-drama 'Jigarthanda' has given him the opportunity to shed his boy-next-door image.
Chennai: Popularly known for his romantic roles in several southern films, actor Siddharth says forthcoming Tamil gangster-drama 'Jigarthanda', has given him the opportunity to shed his boy-next-door image.
Siddharth has essayed romantic roles in films such as 'Koncham Ishtam Koncham Kashtam' and 'Love Failure'.
"I'm known for my boy-next-door kind of roles through most of my films. This film ('Jigarthanda') has given me the opportunity to get rid of that tag. Post 'Jigarthanda', audiences won't call me a chocolate boy anymore. This role has allowed me to showcase my versatility," Siddharth told IANS.
In the movie, Siddharth reportedly plays a filmmaker who gets embroiled in a dangerous situation while trying to make a film on a real gangster in Madurai.
Directed by Karthik Subbaraj, 'Jigarthanda' also features Lakshmi Menon, Simhaa, Karuna, Guru Somasundaram, Prathap Pothen and Soundara Raja in important roles.
Siddharth is in awe of Karthik, who he feels will break new grounds with this film.
"Unlike other filmmakers, he gives the audience what he wants them to see and not the other way around. He is someone who isn't afraid to go against the grain and break rules. I like the fact that he doesn't surrender to the demand of the audience," he said.
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic
- WATCH: Manchester United, Arsenal wish their fans in India a Happy Diwali
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth