4 members of a Sikh family found murdered in Belgium
The bodies were found by the head of the family Jasbir Singh on Friday night after he returned home.
New Delhi: In a grisly incident, four members of a Sikh family, including three children, have been found murdered in their home in Belgium's capital city of Brussels.
The bodies were found by the head of the family Jasbir Singh on Friday night after he returned home from the restaurant where he worked.
His wife and 3 children had been stabbed to death. Forensic teams scanned the crime scene on Saturday to collect evidence. No arrests have been made yet.
"When I turned on the lights, I saw blood everywhere," Singh was quoted by RTL-TVI television as saying. "I must know what happened to my children."
Singh, who was reportedly questioned by the police, said that he knew of no enemies. According to a report in Belgian news portal Deredactie.be, the Brussels judicial authorities have confirmed that they are probing a quadruple murder, but have refused to comment further on the case.
The father of the children came to live in Belgium 15 years ago and his wife joined him around 5 years ago. Etterbeek mayor Vincent De Wolf said it appeared to be a private matter and sought to reassure local residents about the murder.
With additional information from PTI
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion