Sikkim: Heavy rains trigger landslides in Payong
Incessant rainfall has triggered landslides in Payong in East Sikkim.
New Delhi: Incessant rainfall has triggered landslides in Payong in East Sikkim. Several houses have been destroyed. Affected families have been moved to a temporary relief shelter.
Highways connecting the state to the rest of the country have also been affected.
Border Road Organisation (BRO) personnel have begun their road clearing operations.
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate