Silvio Berlusconi announces engagement to 27-year-old
Silvio Berlusconi also apologised for his now-infamous 'bunga bunga' parties, saying he was lonely after having split from his second wife.
Rome: Former Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi has revealed that he is engaged to a woman almost 50 years junior to him. He further said, "Finally I feel less alone."
The media baron said on Sunday that his engagement to 28-year-old Francesca Pascale, who is part of a support group called "Silvio, we miss you", is official.
Berlusconi also apologised for his now-infamous 'bunga bunga' parties, saying he was lonely after having split from his second wife. Veronica Laria left him in 2008, citing alleged dalliances with young women.
Newspapers described Berlusconi's appearance on Canale 5, one of his television networks, as an attempt to boost falling approval rates ahead of an election expected in February. No date for the vote has been set yet.
His center-right party, which has dominated Italian politics for the last two decades, is showing a 15 per cent approval rating.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"