Silvio Berlusconi announces engagement to 27-year-old
Silvio Berlusconi also apologised for his now-infamous 'bunga bunga' parties, saying he was lonely after having split from his second wife.
Rome: Former Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi has revealed that he is engaged to a woman almost 50 years junior to him. He further said, "Finally I feel less alone."
The media baron said on Sunday that his engagement to 28-year-old Francesca Pascale, who is part of a support group called "Silvio, we miss you", is official.
Berlusconi also apologised for his now-infamous 'bunga bunga' parties, saying he was lonely after having split from his second wife. Veronica Laria left him in 2008, citing alleged dalliances with young women.
Newspapers described Berlusconi's appearance on Canale 5, one of his television networks, as an attempt to boost falling approval rates ahead of an election expected in February. No date for the vote has been set yet.
His center-right party, which has dominated Italian politics for the last two decades, is showing a 15 per cent approval rating.
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights