Silvio Berlusconi announces engagement to 27-year-old
Silvio Berlusconi also apologised for his now-infamous 'bunga bunga' parties, saying he was lonely after having split from his second wife.
Rome: Former Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi has revealed that he is engaged to a woman almost 50 years junior to him. He further said, "Finally I feel less alone."
The media baron said on Sunday that his engagement to 28-year-old Francesca Pascale, who is part of a support group called "Silvio, we miss you", is official.
Berlusconi also apologised for his now-infamous 'bunga bunga' parties, saying he was lonely after having split from his second wife. Veronica Laria left him in 2008, citing alleged dalliances with young women.
Newspapers described Berlusconi's appearance on Canale 5, one of his television networks, as an attempt to boost falling approval rates ahead of an election expected in February. No date for the vote has been set yet.
His center-right party, which has dominated Italian politics for the last two decades, is showing a 15 per cent approval rating.
- Happy Birthday Lata Mangeshkar: Key Moments of Her Life You Might Not be Aware of
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Lata Mangeshkar Requests Fans to Donate for Soldiers on Her Birthday
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- Pak Approaches World Bank to Mediate Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz