Simona Halep beats Kirsten Flipkens to win Topshelf Open
Simona Halep defeated Kirsten Flipkens 6-4, 6-2 in a rain-interrupted final.
Rosmalen: Simona Halep made it two titles in a row Saturday, beating Kirsten Flipkens 6-4, 6-2 in a rain-interrupted final at the Topshelf Open grass court tournament.
The 21-year-old Romanian was a break up at 5-4 when rain forced a 75-minute delay. She came back and held serve to take the set. She then broke Flipkens' serve twice to take a 3-0 lead before the Belgian broke back.
Flipkens had no answer to the powerful ground strokes from Halep, who easily won her first grass-court title.
Halep clinched her first WTA title last week by beating Andrea Petkovic of Germany in straight sets on clay in the final of the Nurnberger Versicherungscup. She now heads to Wimbledon where she faces Olga Govortsova in the first round.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology