DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Simona Halep beats Kirsten Flipkens to win Topshelf Open
Simona Halep defeated Kirsten Flipkens 6-4, 6-2 in a rain-interrupted final.
Rosmalen: Simona Halep made it two titles in a row Saturday, beating Kirsten Flipkens 6-4, 6-2 in a rain-interrupted final at the Topshelf Open grass court tournament.
The 21-year-old Romanian was a break up at 5-4 when rain forced a 75-minute delay. She came back and held serve to take the set. She then broke Flipkens' serve twice to take a 3-0 lead before the Belgian broke back.
Flipkens had no answer to the powerful ground strokes from Halep, who easily won her first grass-court title.
Halep clinched her first WTA title last week by beating Andrea Petkovic of Germany in straight sets on clay in the final of the Nurnberger Versicherungscup. She now heads to Wimbledon where she faces Olga Govortsova in the first round.
Recommended For You
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand