DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sindhu makes main draw of All England
RMV Gurusaidutt also went ahead in the qualifiers, but Sourabh Varma bowed out of the badminton event.
New Delhi: National champion PV Sindhu notched up convincing victories to make it to the main draw in women's singles of the All England Championship but Sourabh Verma lost a grim battle to crash out of the prestigious event in Birmingham on Tuesday.
RMV Gurusaidutt also won his opening match in the qualifier to keep his hopes alive of reaching the main draw in the men's singles.
Sindhu beat Malaysia's Rena Wang 21-19, 21-14 in the first round and then saw off Lindaweni Fanetri 21-14, 21-18 to make her maiden appearance in the event.
National champion Sourabh lost 20-22, 22-20, 16-21 against Hsuan Yi Hsueh of Chinese Taipei in the first round.
Gurusaidutt reached the second round beating Vladimir Ivanov 21-19, 21-17 in the first qualification round. He will next take on Wei Feng Chong of Malaysia.
Indian's top women shuttler Saina Nehwal will start her campaign on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- AB De Villiers Angry at 'Ball-Tampering' Inference
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Challenge is to Not Think About Defending Title, Says Virat Kohli