DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sindhu seeded top in Malaysia Grand Prix Gold badminton
Sindhu, ranked 15th in the world, faces Chen Jiayuan of Singapore in the first round of the tournament starting April 30.
New Delhi: Rising shuttler PV Sindhu has been given the top billing in the women's singles event at the Malaysia Grand Prix Gold 2013 starting in Kuala Lumpur from April 30.
Sindhu, ranked 15th in the world, faces Chen Jiayuan of Singapore in the first round of the tournament to be played at the Supka Indoor Stadium from April 30 to May 4. Sindhu is currently playing in the India Open Super Series here.
Other Indians in the women's main draw are PC Thulasi, Arundhati Pantawane and Tanvi Lad. Mudra Dhainje, Rituparna Das and G Ruthvika Shivani will feature in the qualifying round.
Meanwhile, RMV Gurusaidutt, who lost in quarter-finals of the India Open, has been seeded eleventh in the men's singles of the $120,000 competition. He takes on Chao Huang of Singapore in the opening round.
HS Prannoy, who had shocked former world number one Taufik Hidayat in the ongoing India Open, runs into fifth seed Tomy Sugiarto of Indonesia in the opening round. Other Indian players in the men's singles are Sameer Verma, Abhimanyu Singh, Oscar Bansal and K Srikanth.
The combination of S Sanjeeth and Jagadish Yadav will play in the men's doubles main draw while D Guru Prasad and Vineeth Manuel will play in the qualifying round.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835