Sindhu seeded top in Malaysia Grand Prix Gold badminton
Sindhu, ranked 15th in the world, faces Chen Jiayuan of Singapore in the first round of the tournament starting April 30.
New Delhi: Rising shuttler PV Sindhu has been given the top billing in the women's singles event at the Malaysia Grand Prix Gold 2013 starting in Kuala Lumpur from April 30.
Sindhu, ranked 15th in the world, faces Chen Jiayuan of Singapore in the first round of the tournament to be played at the Supka Indoor Stadium from April 30 to May 4. Sindhu is currently playing in the India Open Super Series here.
Other Indians in the women's main draw are PC Thulasi, Arundhati Pantawane and Tanvi Lad. Mudra Dhainje, Rituparna Das and G Ruthvika Shivani will feature in the qualifying round.
Meanwhile, RMV Gurusaidutt, who lost in quarter-finals of the India Open, has been seeded eleventh in the men's singles of the $120,000 competition. He takes on Chao Huang of Singapore in the opening round.
HS Prannoy, who had shocked former world number one Taufik Hidayat in the ongoing India Open, runs into fifth seed Tomy Sugiarto of Indonesia in the opening round. Other Indian players in the men's singles are Sameer Verma, Abhimanyu Singh, Oscar Bansal and K Srikanth.
The combination of S Sanjeeth and Jagadish Yadav will play in the men's doubles main draw while D Guru Prasad and Vineeth Manuel will play in the qualifying round.
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts