Singapore GP extends Formula One deal through 2017
The Singapore Grand Prix will stay on the Formula One calendar through 2017.
Singapore: The Singapore Grand Prix will stay on the Formula One calendar through 2017 after an agreement was struck between the national government and F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.
The two parties made a joint announcement on Saturday, after long negotiations over the price of the hosting rights for a race that has quickly established itself as one of the most popular stops with fans and teams alike.
Ecclestone said "we are all here for another five years", adding "all of us like being here, which made it difficult for me to negotiate with the minister."
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance