Singer Chithra's daughter drowns in Dubai pool
The body of Nandana, 11, was found in the pool of the villa in Emirates Hills.
Thiruvananthapuram: Playback singer KS Chithra's eight-year-old daughter drowned in a swimming pool in a villa in Dubai on Thursday, sources close to her family here said.
The body of the child, Nandana, was found in the pool of the villa in Emirates Hills, where the singer was staying, the sources said.
The child was rushed to hospital where she was declared dead.
Chithra is in to Dubai to participate in music director AR Rahman's show to be held in Sharjah, the sources said.
Nandana was born to Chithra and Vijay Sankar, an engineer turned businessman, several years after their marriage. The child was studying in a school in Chennai.
The news of the death plunged the entire film fraternity into shock and sorrow.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1