DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Singer Chithra's daughter drowns in Dubai pool
The body of Nandana, 11, was found in the pool of the villa in Emirates Hills.
Thiruvananthapuram: Playback singer KS Chithra's eight-year-old daughter drowned in a swimming pool in a villa in Dubai on Thursday, sources close to her family here said.
The body of the child, Nandana, was found in the pool of the villa in Emirates Hills, where the singer was staying, the sources said.
The child was rushed to hospital where she was declared dead.
Chithra is in to Dubai to participate in music director AR Rahman's show to be held in Sharjah, the sources said.
Nandana was born to Chithra and Vijay Sankar, an engineer turned businessman, several years after their marriage. The child was studying in a school in Chennai.
The news of the death plunged the entire film fraternity into shock and sorrow.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere