Sinha accuses Chacko of being 'unilateral', calls for JPC meet
Sinha referred to Raja's letter written to the JPC Secretariat casting "aspersions" on the manner in which the JPC is functioning.
New Delhi: Taking strong exception to JPC Chairman P C Chacko's decision to send a questionaire to former Telecom Minister A Raja on 2G telecom spectrum scam, BJP leader Yashwant Sinha has accused Chacko of "unilateral" behaviour and violating the principle of consensus for taking decisions.
Sinha, who is a member of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2G telecom spectrum scam, has in a letter to Chacko objected to his taking a "unilateral" decision of not allowing Raja to depose before the committee and has asked him to immediately convene its meeting to take a view on whether to call former Raja.
"I feel that instead of taking this decision unilaterally you should have called a meeting of the committee, discussed the issue in that meeting and then taken a decision. Your step is clearly in violation of the principle of consensus on which the committee is supposed to work," Sinha said in his letter to Chacko. Sinha also referred to Raja's letter of March 13, 2013 written to the JPC Secretariat casting "aspersions" on the manner in which the JPC is functioning.
"I do not think we should give him or anyone else an opportunity to cast such aspersions on the bona fide of the committee," he said. The BJP leader also diasgreed with the JPC Chairman's assertion that the committee does not have the jurisdiction to deliver any verdict of guilt and said the JPC was formed clearly to fix responsibility on officials and ministers for irregularities, if any, in allotment of 2G spectrum to private corporates.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away
- SRK, Alia Bhatt Tease Fans With Dear Zindagi Tweets
- With MNS Adamant, Fate of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Other Films Hang in Balance