DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
2 priests held for Kerala nun's murder 16 years ago
13 CBI teams have probed Sister Abhaya's death since 1992.
Kochi: Two Catholic priests have been arrested for the 1992 murder of a nun, Sister Abhaya, whose body was found in the well of a convent in Kerala's Kottayam town, police here said Wednesday.
The 13th Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team began its probe into the 16-year-old murder after 12 previous probes failed to crack the case.
The Kerala High Court had last month rapped the investigating agency over the slow progress in its probe and asked the Kerala unit of the CBI to take over.
Abhaya, an inmate of Pious X hostel near here, was found dead in the well of the convent March 27, 1992. The CBI concluded in November 1996 that the death was a homicide but the murderer remained untraced.
Public interest in the case was re-ignited in April last year after a newspaper reported that Abhaya's medical reports were tampered with at a chemical laboratory in state capital Thiruvananthapuram.
Recommended For You
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Proteas reach 59/0 at Break
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan