2 priests held for Kerala nun's murder 16 years ago
13 CBI teams have probed Sister Abhaya's death since 1992.
Kochi: Two Catholic priests have been arrested for the 1992 murder of a nun, Sister Abhaya, whose body was found in the well of a convent in Kerala's Kottayam town, police here said Wednesday.
The 13th Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team began its probe into the 16-year-old murder after 12 previous probes failed to crack the case.
The Kerala High Court had last month rapped the investigating agency over the slow progress in its probe and asked the Kerala unit of the CBI to take over.
Abhaya, an inmate of Pious X hostel near here, was found dead in the well of the convent March 27, 1992. The CBI concluded in November 1996 that the death was a homicide but the murderer remained untraced.
Public interest in the case was re-ignited in April last year after a newspaper reported that Abhaya's medical reports were tampered with at a chemical laboratory in state capital Thiruvananthapuram.
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
- Timeline of Criminal Defamation Case Filed Against Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?