'Sivaji' 3D at par with Hollywood films: Rajini
The conversion 'Sivaji' into the 3D format is nearly over. The movie is likely to hit the screens in mid-September.
Here is good news for Rajini fans! They need not to wait for the release of 'Kochadaiyaan', to see their Superstar in 3D, as the conversion of his 2007-hit 'Sivaji' into the 3D format is nearly over. The movie is likely to hit the screens in mid-September.
Interestingly, the Style Czar was not aware of his movie being converted to 3D until recently. "I thought 'Kochadaiyaan' would be my first 3D film, but AVM Productions (which produced 'Sivaji'), has overtaken Eros (which is producing 'Kochadaiyaan')", said Rajni, at a press meet recently.
AVM Saravanan said the producers tied up with Prasad Labs to convert 'Sivaji' into 3D last year and about 400 professionals were roped in for the project.
Rajinikanth revealed that he had been shown excerpts of the converted version and added that he applauded for a few scenes, forgetting that he was watching his own film. "I asked them to replay the Vaaji Vaaji song thrice and am eager to see how the entire movie has turned out," he said.
The actor said the conversion was on a par with Hollywood standards and added that 3D would be the future of cinema. When Rajini was asked which of his other films he wants to get converted to 3D, the actor said, "Films with grandeur and action go well with 3D. Films like 'Padaiyappa' will be suitable," he said.
A Prasad Lab official said, "There would be one 3D special effect within every 10 minutes of the film, which has now been trimmed to two hours and 17 minutes.
Over 400 of the state's 1,000+ screens have the facility to screen a 3D film. The others need a new silver screen and an additional projector to screen the 3D flick, he said.
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Happy Birthday Prabhas: 6 of His Unforgettable Performances