Six booked for Gurgaon share broker's suicide
Pradeep Kumar had written in a suicide note that nobody was responsible for his extreme step.
Gurgaon: A share broker's wife and five others, including his in-laws, have been booked here for abetting his suicide, police said on Sunday. Pradeep Kumar, 30, a resident of Paschim Vihar in West Delhi, was found hanging from a ceiling fan in his rented house in Sushant Lok on Saturday, police said.
"We have registered a case against six people under Section 306 of IPC (abetment of suicide)," Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) Maheshwar Dayal said. No one has been arrested.
A note left behind by Pradeep said that no one was responsible for his extreme step as he was ending his life because of heavy loss in business, police said. Pradeep's brother, Sandeep alleged the victim was tortured and harassed by his in-laws and wife and this forced him to end his life.
Sandeep's complaint named the share broker's wife Upasana, her parents VK Ahlawat and Vimla, Arun Tokas, Nitin Kharbanda and Saurav Malhotra, a finance company's executive. All the accused are residents of Delhi, police said.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India