Six police officials suspended for torturing youth
Saini said the youths were brutally beaten up after they were picked up by police. SHO and five constables have been suspended in this connection.
Lucknow: Five constables and a Station House Officer (SHO) were on Tuesday suspended for torturing five youths they had detained on Monday evening at Muzaffarnagar, officials said. The policemen were suspended for allegedly beating up the youths in custody at Mansoorpur police station. They also tried to force the youths into confessing to a crime they had not committed.
Senior Superintendent of Police Manjil Saini told IANS that the five youths were picked up on suspicion of their involvement in a dacoity. Saini said the youths were brutally beaten up after they were picked up by police. SHO Pankaj Tyagi and five constables have been suspended in this connection. A probe has also been ordered into the incident.
Families of the youths protested at the police station, following which they were let off. A few days ago, another youth was beaten up in a Lucknow police station, after which he hanged himself in police custody. Six policemen were suspended.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology