Delhi gangrape: Sixth accused arrested in Bihar
The Delhi Police had been conducting raids in Haryana and Bihar to trace the sixth accused, who had been absconding.
New Delhi: The police on Friday arrested the sixth accused in connection with the gangrape of a 23-year-old paramedical student in a moving bus in the national capital. The sixth accused was arrested by the police from Aurangabad in Bihar.
The Delhi Police had been conducting raids in Haryana and Bihar to trace the arrested accused, who had been absconding since the incident took place.
This comes hours after the Delhi Police arrested the fifth accused from Uttar Pradesh in connection with the case. However, his details were not given as the police commissioner said that his age had to be verified before giving out any detail.
"The fifth accused has been arrested in the rape case. His age is being verified before giving details. If minor, we have to hold back his particulars as per law," Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar had said on Twitter.
On Thursday, one of the four accused in the case was "identified" by the victim's friend during a Test Identification Parade (TIP) at Tihar Jail. The 23-year-old victim's male friend, an engineer in a software company, identified Mukesh during TIP, a senior police official said. Out of the four accused, only Mukesh had agreed to TIP when he was produced before a court on Thursday. Other accused, Ram Singh, Pawan and Vinay, had refused to undergo TIP.
Police have invoked the stringent charges of attempt to murder and destruction of evidence against the accused. Investigators had earlier pressed charges against them under sections 365 (kidnapping or abducting), 376 (2)(g) (gang rape), 377 (unnatural offences), 394 (hurting in committing robbery) and 34 (common intention) of IPC.
(With Additional Inputs from PTI)
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock for Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Pakistani Artistes Are Not Terrorists, They Have Visas, Says Salman Khan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya