SL court extends remand of Tamil fishermen
The four fishermen were arrested on November 28 and lodged in a jail in Jaffna on charges of drug smuggling.
Rameswaram: A Sri Lankan Court on Monday extended the remand of five fishermen, arrested by Sri Lankan Navy in November last year on charges of drug smuggling, to January 16, officials in Rameswaram said.
Vincent (42), Prashanth (32), Langlet (22), Emerson (36) and Augustus (33) were arrested by Sri Lankan Navy while fishing in mid-sea on November 28 and lodged in a prison in Jaffna on charges of drug smuggling.
The arrest had triggered protests from local fishermen. The families of the arrested fishermen had observed a fast on December 17, demanding that steps be taken for their immediate release.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch