DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SL court extends remand of Tamil fishermen
The four fishermen were arrested on November 28 and lodged in a jail in Jaffna on charges of drug smuggling.
Rameswaram: A Sri Lankan Court on Monday extended the remand of five fishermen, arrested by Sri Lankan Navy in November last year on charges of drug smuggling, to January 16, officials in Rameswaram said.
Vincent (42), Prashanth (32), Langlet (22), Emerson (36) and Augustus (33) were arrested by Sri Lankan Navy while fishing in mid-sea on November 28 and lodged in a prison in Jaffna on charges of drug smuggling.
The arrest had triggered protests from local fishermen. The families of the arrested fishermen had observed a fast on December 17, demanding that steps be taken for their immediate release.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh