SL frees 73 rehabilitated ex-LTTE members
Secretary to ministry of rehabilitation said with the release on Sunday there will only be around 550 who are left to be freed.
Colombo: Sri Lankan authorities released a batch of 73 rehabilitated ex-members of the rebel outfit LTTE in the eastern district of Batticaloa on Sunday.
"This is another batch to be released from the 11,000 ex-members of the LTTE," said A Dissanayake, the secretary to ministry of rehabilitation.
Dissanayake said with the release on Sunday there will only be around 550 who are left to be freed. They are currently being housed in four camps.
The rehabilitation process include vocational and language training added with life skills such as information technology.
The rehabilitated ex-LTTE cadres are provided self employment loans at concessionary terms, officials said.
Those who surrendered before the government troops at the last stage of the military offencive in May 2009 are the ones who are subject to rehabilitation.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines