Kerala: 150 Sri Lankan refugees detained
The police say the refugees had paid money to an agent to take them to Australia but he brought them to India.
Kollam: Over 150 Sri Lankan refugees have been detained from a boat near the Kollam coast. The refugees include 19 women and 22 children.
The police say they paid between Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh to an agent who promised to take them to Australia but brought them to India instead allegedly for trafficking.
The agent is now absconding along with the boat's driver and a helper. All of the refugees were staying at a camp in Tamil Nadu. A few of them belong to Lanka's Jaffna region.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion