Kerala: 150 Sri Lankan refugees detained
The police say the refugees had paid money to an agent to take them to Australia but he brought them to India.
Kollam: Over 150 Sri Lankan refugees have been detained from a boat near the Kollam coast. The refugees include 19 women and 22 children.
The police say they paid between Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh to an agent who promised to take them to Australia but brought them to India instead allegedly for trafficking.
The agent is now absconding along with the boat's driver and a helper. All of the refugees were staying at a camp in Tamil Nadu. A few of them belong to Lanka's Jaffna region.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video