DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kerala: 150 Sri Lankan refugees detained
The police say the refugees had paid money to an agent to take them to Australia but he brought them to India.
Kollam: Over 150 Sri Lankan refugees have been detained from a boat near the Kollam coast. The refugees include 19 women and 22 children.
The police say they paid between Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh to an agent who promised to take them to Australia but brought them to India instead allegedly for trafficking.
The agent is now absconding along with the boat's driver and a helper. All of the refugees were staying at a camp in Tamil Nadu. A few of them belong to Lanka's Jaffna region.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan