Sleuths search in Madurai, Sivaganga
MADURAI: Sleuths of the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption, on Friday, conducted raids at 26 places in the Southern dist..
MADURAI: Sleuths of the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption, on Friday, conducted raids at 26 places in the Southern districts, as part of a probe into the alleged irregularities in appointments through the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC).
Special teams raided 13 houses in Madurai, four in Sivaganga, three in Theni, two in Virudhunagar and one each at Dindigul, Ramnad, Kanyakumari and Tirunelveli. The raids began early in the morning and went on till late evening.
During the raids, officials inquired about the education qualification of the candidates, family background, the basis on which the candidates got the appointment, the person concerned in TNPSC whom they had approached and the role of middlemen, if any.
In Madurai, a special team conducted raids at various places including Karpaga Nagar in K Pudur, SS Colony, Usilampatti and Athipatti in Arupukottai. Similarly in Rajapalayam, officials raided at a house at Ramalingapuram.
Officials who raided the houses of four candidates in Sivaganga, said that three of the candidates had appeared for the Group II examination in 2009, while one appeared the exams in 2007.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology