Slipper thrown in Supreme Court, judge ducks
5 jailed for throwing slipper at Justice Arijit Pasayat.
New Delhi: Four women and a man were sentenced to three months imprisonment on Friday after one of them hurled a slipper at a Supreme Court judge.
The dramatic incident took place when judges Arijit Pasayat, who clearly was the target, and Asok Kumar Ganguly were hearing a case related to a music school in Mumbai.
A total of seven people associated with the school were standing in front of the judges when one of them suddenly flung the slipper at the judge but missed him.
The shoe attack sparked a furore in the court complex.
Judges Pasayat and Ganguly handed down the sentence for showing disrespect to the court.
Court officials identified three of the women who were sentenced as Leila David, Annet Kotian and Kavita Murali.
Recommended For You
- Tom Latham Stuns Faf Du Plessis With Catch of the Season
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Justice League Trailer Shows The United Powers of All Our Favourites From DC Universe
- Aashayein: A Shop for a Better future For Jaipur Central Jail's Inmates
- Cheteshwar Pujara Breaks Gautam Gambhir's 8-Year Old Record