Freak accident kills 13, national mourning in Slovakia
Slovak President Ivan Gasparovic expressed sympathy for victims' kin.
New Delhi: In central Slovakia, a train collided with a bus on Saturday, killing at least 13 people and injuring 20.
The accident happened when a carriage-train derailed and collided with a bus that was carrying about 37 passengers.
While two passengers aboard the train sustained minor injuries, six of them were critically injured. The injured were immediately rushed to a nearby hospital.
Slovak President Ivan Gasparovic has expressed his sympathy for the relatives of the victims. The Slovak government has declared Sunday as a day of national mourning. The police are investigating the crash.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology