DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Smart phone, dumb idea lands man in jail
He used cell phone to flash blue-red light to pull over cars.
Boise, Idaho: Authorities say a smart phone and a dumb idea have landed a 21-year-old Idaho man in trouble with the law. Alexander A Welch is charged with unlawful usage of a police function and is now being held in the Ada County Jail.
Boise police say Alexander A. Welch used a cell phone app that flashes blue and red to try to pull over another car.
A motorist called police to report that someone who didn't appear to be an officer tried to pull the driver over with a flashing blue and red light. The person said the car pulled in behind briefly and then drove away.
The suspicious driver followed the car and called police, who located Welch's vehicle. Police found an application on Welch's cell phone that flashed blue and red lights and arrested him.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users