SmartWatch 2: Sony unveils its smartwatch successor
SmartWatch 2 introduces new features as a successor to the current Sony SmartWatch such as NFC connectivity for one-touch pairing, better visibility even in sunlight.
New Delhi: Sony today introduced the latest version of its SmartWatch named "SmartWatch 2". It syncs with your Android phone and works as the second screen for your Android smartphone. The Sony SmartWatch 2 is a water-resistant watch.
SmartWatch 2 introduces new features as a successor to the current Sony SmartWatch such as NFC connectivity for one-touch pairing, higher resolution for sharper viewing, better visibility even in sunlight, longer battery stamina and more intuitive interface.
When not connected to your phone, SmartWatch 2 works as a standalone digital watch. Even when the watch is not connected to your smartphone, you can read previously received notifications, access the time, set your alarm or even use as a light.
Sony SmartWatch 2 SW2 will be available worldwide from September 2013. SmartWatch 2 can also be personalised with any standard 24mm wristband and new Sony watchstraps will soon be available.
Here is what all the SmartWatch 2 lets you do:
- Handle your calls by a simple touch of your wrist
- Take a photo remotely from your SmartWatch, using a smart camera app
- Control your presentations remotely using Presentation Pal
- Taking a run or on the bike? Select a mapping app on SmartWatch to check your route with a quick glance at your wrist
- Read previously downloaded e-mails when not connected to your phone
Sony SmartWatch had made an official debut last year. Here is our review of Sony's first Android Smartwatch.