Smuggled red sandalwood shipped back to ICTT
KOCHI: A consignment of red sandalwood, which was suspected to be smuggled via Vallarpadam ICTT, was shipped back from Dubai and u..
KOCHI: A consignment of red sandalwood, which was suspected to be smuggled via Vallarpadam ICTT, was shipped back from Dubai and unloaded at Vallarpadam ICTT on Thursday. The consignment was brought to Kochi on a container vessel.
The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) unloaded the container and found 13 tonnes of red sandalwood in it. Another container which was brought back from Dubai two weeks ago was also examined on Thursday. DRI officials said that they found 13 and 12 tonnes of red sandalwood in both the containers respectively. DRI has so far seized 37 tonnes of red sandalwood from three containers. Investigation into an international link to the red sandalwood smuggling is still going on. The probe has been extended to Andra Pradesh where it is suspected that red sandalwood was cut down with the assistance of Naxalites. DRI has arrested four person in connection with the case.
Recommended For You
- KTM Duke Launch Live: 2017 Duke 390, Duke 200 and a Possible Duke 250
- Would Choose Margarita With a Straw Over Any Big Budget Film: Sayani Gupta
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology