Soderling advances in Brisbane International
Top-seeded Soderling saved both break points he faced against Germany's Berrer.
Brisbane: Top-seeded Robin Soderling of Sweden held on to beat Michael Berrer of Germany 6-3, 7-6 (7) on Thursday to advance to the quarterfinals of the Brisbane International.
Soderling saved both break points he faced against the left-handed Berrer. His next opponent will be Australian qualifier Matthew Ebden, who defeated eighth-seeded Denis Istomin of Uzbekistan 6-4, 6-4.
Earlier, former Wimbledon finalist Marion Bartoli of France beat Barbora Zahlavova Strycova of the Czech Republic 6-2, 6-1 to reach the women's semifinals.
The fourth-seeded Bartoli trailed 2-1 in the first set before winning the next eight games. She will next face either Jarmila Groth or Andrea Petkovic.
- Akhilesh Yadav Downplays Samajwadi Party Feud, To Focus on Polls
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'